At Good To Go Maintenance, we know that when it comes to construction and remodeling, times can get stressful and money can be tight. However, we value each and every project we are given, and want our customers to get the most out of their construction and remodeling, so we have a few starter tips!
Some Construction/Remodeling Starter Tips
- First, PLAN AHEAD! You want to make a plan for scheduling, but because you don’t want to be mid-way through the project and not know what’s next! You want to know exactly what you want before you team up with a company, because you want to know if they can accomplish your ideas. Better Homes and Gardens says, “Hire re-modelers who have more than three years of experience,” but stick with one that you trust and value! Further, you should always keep in mind the bigger picture, because “energy-loss, and repair expenses can add up quickly.”
- Additionally, Capitol One has made some useful claims on getting started with construction/remodeling. They say that research is the best starting point; specifically, you want to research costs so you can estimate your budget. Also, look into their projects page on their website, to see if they usually take projects such as the one that you want.
- Plan out a legitimate and detailed contract that fits your needs. Make sure that it has set-in-stone start and end dates, but also detailed descriptions of everything that will be done throughout the project.
- Understand the commitment of time and energy that this will take, and accept it. There may be some issues along the way that are unexpected, but you have to deal with it. If you know this beforehand, it will be easier to deal with!
- Have somewhere to stay if the construction is large or runs into troubles. You don’t want to be stranded without essential living areas like a bathroom or a kitchen.
- Make sure that you don’t have anything meaningful, nice or valuable in the construction zones, because unless it is in your contract, the company is probably not liable for any damage done. It is better to think ahead and remove those items from the zone entirely.
- Have good communication skills. Don’t stay quiet if the project isn’t going how you expected, and don’t feel afraid to speak up about ideas and suggestions. However, it is important to use welcoming tones when doing so; keep the relationship on good terms!
- Finally, make sure these renovations will be useful to you in the long run, talk to your bank and be sure about all of your design decisions!
Good To Go Maintenance
Here at Good To Go, we understand that the first construction or remodel can be extremely new and stressful, so we do everything we can to make you happy! If you are looking for a reliable construction and remodel service in Long Island, NY call Good To Go Maintenance today!